View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonz View Post
There is a table at the welcome back fair, and a week or so after, greek life holds a fair when every org, has their own table. It's reallly nice to see, everyone spread out with tons of letters,photos, paddles, etc.

There is a part of me that would love the chance to re-vamp Greek life at the school, just because thing are so...not to say wrong but....things need to be improved and changed.
We do have something like "Meet the Greeks" but it's always when people have classes The only time I get to see were during welcome week, and for some reason our school was full of latina sororities and they were all spread out among the campus during that day along with other GLOs. We have 3 NPC sororities on out campus and I barely remember seeing them (maybe I was distracted by the caramel apples they were giving out )

I could understand the need to re-vamp Greek life at commuter schools. One thing that we're lacking of is the sprit, and it's esp hard when you don't have houses to live in to strengthen sisterhood. I know our school, rumor has it, is trying to make sorority floors. But then more than half of the ladies are commuters, which makes it even harder.

So it's all about sprit and positive impact on others. As long as you love your sorority and show it to others, you will then influnce others about how amazing you ladies could be. That's how I felt when I saw this one group. They stood out among other sororities because you can tell how enthusiastic and how much they love their sorority.