View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_cat_4ever View Post
I also had a similar experience when I was back at school. I was a transfer and wasn't aware of what were NPC sororities. I was at a commuter school and thought that you could only rush for one sorority. So I rushed for a regional one. I was quite disappointed the way how they were talking about going to clubs, drinking and such. I just couldn't see myself fitting into their sorority, except a few really great ladies told me to stick with it. Needless to say, I didn't get a bid, which was ok.

Then my senior year I got myself busy with other societies but it wasn't until my last semester when I learned about NPC sororities through my one friend. I asked her if graduate students (which I was planning to) could rush for this one sorority, and she said yes. But unfortunately something happened with my grad assistantship that made me defer my grad studies. It was quite disappointing, but I got over it.

I guess my whole point is, I wish my school's Greek Life office could have informed us more about these options and like a guide into Greek Life. I know for commuter schools it's hard, but maybe like a table at quad day, or something along the lines would help. They should also do more outreach if they wanted a stronger greek system. In that way, it could also help reinforce the positive aspects of greek life
There is a table at the welcome back fair, and a week or so after, greek life holds a fair when every org, has their own table. It's reallly nice to see, everyone spread out with tons of letters,photos, paddles, etc.

There is a part of me that would love the chance to re-vamp Greek life at the school, just because thing are so...not to say wrong but....things need to be improved and changed.

Patriae Multae Spes Una