View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 6 - Pref Day

Another day starts with me looking for an email or text or something from Debbie. No news is good news is my motto. It is later in the day when I hear from Debbie via email. She emails during a break and it’s about 3 emails back and forth of chit chat. I’m trying to be a good mom, I don’t ask just in case it’s the worst. Finally Debbie tells me she was invited back to all 3 including the beloved Coronado. What took her so long to tell me? I press my hand on my right eye to stop my eye from twitching and I feel a dull pain near my shoulder. I say a quick prayer and hope for the best. I tell her that's great news and she finished with the max 3 which after her rocky start wasn't too shabby. I'm the eternal optimist when talking to Debbie.

I hear from Debbie later that day, after the 3 visits, but before preffing.

Big Beach – The girls are so nice to her but she feels they want her more than she wants them. I understand the emotion but is that such a bad thing? I remind her of their strengths, their philanthropy, and the positives. She doesn’t appear to be too swayed.

Coronado – All this visit did was show her even more how much she loves this house, these girls; everything screams to her she should be a Coronado. I’m excited about her excitement but after reading so many threads on GC, I want to temper the enthusiasm. Fine line between being excited and being cautious. Again, not really hearing mom’s words.

South Beach – Debbie likes the girls, she’s comfortable, but they’re not Coronado. She’s also not sure how she feels about them not having a physical house. She’s seen the pics but it’s not the same thing. I point out she’s not going to live in a house the first year anyway.

Debbie says she’s not sure if she can see herself in any house beside Coronado. She’s not sure if she wants either South Beach or Big Beach if she doesn’t get Coronado. By now both my eyes are twitching and I’m a little irritated with darling Debbie. As rough as recruitment started now this?! She can’t just be happy she has 3 options? What is the matter with her? I don’t mention SIP at all because I don’t want to give Debbie any crazy ideas. I swear if she does I may have to fly back out there and kick her in the butt after I give her a big hug. My biggest mom moment - I keep the irritation out of my voice, put my happy face on, and tell Debbie I love her and to keep an open mind.

So Debbie and her group go to the computers and do their thing. She was torn how to rank South Beach and Big Beach. Neither was Coronado and they both had plusses/minuses over each other. Her rank was:

1 – Coronado easily. She loves them, she wants them, she’s already picking out Coronado decorations, etc.

2 – South Beach. She’s always been positive about this house since Day 1. I hope she can remember that.

3 – Big Beach. Unfortunately this house has been near the bottom since Day 1. Every house has its positives and the biggest is they keep inviting her back. I hope she can keep an open mind.

She’s excited and nervous about Bid Day. She’s hoping for Coronado and I hope for the best. Dad just wants any house because he knows if she doesn't get a house there will be some unhappy Debbies in his universe. Would it be such a bad thing if she actually got her #1? Would it be so bad if her recruitment ended with a happily ever after (in her eyes)? I am exhausted and glad this is almost over. I can only imagine how Debbie feels.