View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this isn't help, but I am sort of going through the same thing with my mom. She was very supportive of me rushing last year, though she wasn't huge on the idea she still supported me doing it. After knowing her feeling on last year and after I was cut, I waited until like two or three weeks ago to tell her I was rushing again. This time I got "No you are not." When I pointed out I was twenty years old and if I wanted to I was going to do, she replied "well I am not paying for it this year." She thinks that if she says she won't pay for it I won't do it, because she knows I am somewhat spoiled and know they pay for everything so that would mean me getting a job to pay my dues if I do get in this year. Although my aunt is a Delta Zeta and practically all my neighbors are Greek, that doesn't help my point at all. Plus the Depaw thing really didn't help my case AT ALL. She thinks its a superficial joke and a waste of time. I don't really know what to do about it or how to show its not and great things can come from being in a sorority.
<Sorry for hijack, but was sort of wondering the same thing>