View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 07:07 AM
GreekChat Member

As a committee head for my son's Senior Party, I've had the opportunity to meet a TON of mothers I didn't know. Though the number attending LSU seems to be a tad lower ths year, the questions about "rush" are starting to come up. Same old thing...nobody really knows what to do or how to go about lining things up. When a mother told ME-"Don't be upset if your daughter doesn't get a bid..." I was rather insulted! I thought HOW IN THE HELL COULD THAT HAPPEN-HA!

Well, she WAS indeed lucky considering it was the largest rush in recent history. I am no longer insulted. In fact, I am trying to think of a less BLUNT way to say it to these new mothers. Thank goodness she and I were reading GC, because we KNEW it was a possibility to go bidless. That thougt never entered my MIND. To be pumped up and unaware (as MANY were) might have left her bitter as well. A year has gone by now and she doesn't like rush.
She hates the fact that for many, there is no obvious reason WHY they are cut OR kept. She wants to work in the background rather than face hurting anyone.