Thread: House Chores
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Are only the girls who live in the house responsible for chores? I was House Manager for the AOII dorm when I was a freshman. We had everyone in the chapter in the loop for chores since everyone came to the dorm and used the common areas. It wasn't fair to expect just the girls that lived in the dorm to do all the cleaning since girls who lived out would come in a make a mess. Basically, each week I would have each job assigned to a different member. They would come on Sat or Sun to do the chore. If it was not done, they would be called to standards, but you could have them get points for doing it, have points subtracted, pay a fine for not doing their chore, etc. Depending on how many girls are in your chapter and how many chores need to be done determines how often members have to do chores. Members who live in obviously do them more often.

Also, people need to not be animals. Pick up after yourself and have respect for others. There is no need for any of the common areas to be dirty or messy if you just pick up after yourself. Those areas are not your own personal space so don't treat it as such. As soon as it is made clear that this is the policy, the chores should be fairly easy-- vacuuming, dusting not picking up sisters' crap!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Last edited by AOII Angel; 04-11-2010 at 05:40 PM.