View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
I wouldn't necessarily let interview weekend dates alone deter me from applying to a program, but it can help to look at when they are.

When I was applying to school I made a spreadsheet with each school, the application deadline, the interview weekend dates, how many letters of rec were required, etc. I think I started out with seven schools and then used that spreadsheet, and preferences like location and faculty to narrow it down to the three schools I eventually applied to.

Both of those schools had two options for interview dates, but I ended up at the first for each of them and they happened to be back to back. It was a nightmare! I literally landed at home, switched my toiletries from the first interview bag to the pre-packed second interview bag and got in the car to drive to the second interview the next morning.
Oh I wasn't letting it be a factor. But thanks for make me feel a little more sane with my massive google drive spreadsheet. I'm up to 8 schools but I think I'm gonna go with my guy and stick with these 3: UPenn, Michigan, MSU.

My only concern is an recommendation from a professor. I've been out of school for 7 years. The people I could really stretch are my advisor, if shes's alive, and maybe my RD when I was an RA. I could beg my old Peer Educator boss who's doing his PhD at UPenn (google and linked in are awesome).

An aside: is it helpful to have recs from ppl who are alum from those schools?