View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfer rushee and contacting chapters

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, so I appologize if it has.

I'm transfering to a new school in the spring, and I'm really interested in that school's greek life. Currently, I am not greek where I go now. I have participated in rush, however, things happened, and I didn't recieve a bid.

Well, I'm really excited about transfering (because their program of my major is stronger and campus life is more active), so I took a step and contacted all the chapters via email. I introduced myself with a brief reason why I'm interested in each one, a little bio, and asked if they could tell me when spring rush was (since I cannot find that information yet).

I only had one chapter email me back. I was also invited to their house. I'm not favoring one chapter or the next at the moment, and do not want other chapters to think this. I know that word may spread that a rushee visited a house early, and I don't want the other chapter's to think that I'm only interested in that one, when in reality, I'm not sure yet.

How can I let the other chapters on campus know that I'm still interested without being "pushy" or bombard them with emails? Or is there anything I should do?

I want to rush without any pre-conceptions about myself (if that makes sense).

Thanks!