View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm pretty sure this is a troll post, but I'll be frank just in case. It's not going to happen for you. Recommendations for each sorority at your school are basic requirements. They will not make you stand out. Everyone has them. Legacies abound; some chapters have enough legacies to fill an entire pledge class. This is a school with a very traditional Greek life and where prior connections are everything when it comes to receiving a bid.

But ask yourself, why in the world would you want to be hanging out with 18 and 19 year old single childless young women whose biggest concerns are schoolwork and who their formal date will be? What would you do if you have two babies home with chicken pox and need to be at a mandatory sorority event and have a major exam that week? I find it hard to believe that adults in your family would put pressure on you to join a sorority when you have so many far more important commitments in your young life.

A sorority isn't going to pad your resume for medical school admission. It's insulting that you'd even say that's a reason you want to join. There are literally dozens of other campus organizations that will require far less time and commitment, but will further your interest in medicine. Get involved with some of them.

Good luck to you in your studies and with your family.