View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I had written a response earlier, but deleted it because I thought I may have been too harsh. Now that you've had a chance to post more, I realize that I wasn't harsh enough and wish I hadn't deleted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedeamonggreek View Post
I worry that while she says "It's only a week", I just don't want our connection to go away and die down because she gets so close to her chapter, and forgetting about me after classes start.

It does kinda make me worried I don't hear from her for awhile, and that she's enjoying all of this rather than spending a little time with me.

I want her to be happy and take it all in, I really do! That also said, even after recruitment is all over, I just don't want our deep connection to be replaced by her sisters, and date nights get ditched for frat nights that I can't really be apart of, or time alone turns into study breaks with three other girls. Some of it is crazy, and I may be overthinking.
Quote:
Issue with that, I HAVE been accepting this as apart of her lifestyle, and I have NEVER resented her sisterhood or commitments. I know more likely than not that I probably won't see her for two weeks, but that's okay. I just want communication already. It's tough not hearing from someone you care about for quite sometime. Granted, it would be tougher without today's technology, but even at that it's still not fun. I accept it, but I'm not being clingy, I just care like any other significant other should do.
Quote:
I understand that, and no it's not my first relationship. One of the first serious one's yes, but I know for a fact it's not about spending time together all the time. In this scenario, it's about spending time together when it's all over, and not feel like i'm playing second fiddle after recruitment.
First, I can't help but notice the spelling and grammatical errors throughout your posts. I highlighted a couple of them for you, but there are others I didn't point out. If you are, indeed, a college graduate, you might want to brush up on your proofreading skills before your MBA coursework begins.

Secondly, I assume you haven't been in this relationship very long. If you are legitimately worried that your girlfriend will actually forget you in a month or so, you are significantly more invested in this relationship than she is. If that's the case, better to find out now than later.

Third, it sounds a little bit like you're lonely and miserable and somewhat resentful of the fact that she's having fun. That's kind of selfish, dontcha think? I mean, would you want a significant other who wanted you to be sad? Be happy for her that she's enjoying herself. Maybe you could go find something to do that might bring you joy.

Fourth, ditch the stereotypes. It won't get you anywhere productive with either her or the nice people here.

And, finally, yes, you are being clingy. Extra super-duper clingy.

Last edited by Pope; 08-11-2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: I proofread!