View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I think I know which campus you are on - and I worked with them for several years on a PH project. You do need recs there for most of the groups. You do not need a peer to write a rec. Make a list of every woman you know who went to college: teachers, coaches, employers, SS teachers, neighbors, those who work with your parents, your friends' parents, etc. Ask all of them if they are sorority women or can introduce you to any. When you find one of the 13, be sure to ask if they know any of the other 12.Greek woman know Greek woman. In fact, I could get you a rec for every one of those chapters if you were from my home town! You need to network. You need at least a 3.5 GPA also as an upperclassman.
That all sounds great to do! During my winter break I will be seeing some of my family who were in sororities, and talk to them more about it to follow up with the emails I sent them today. Before then I'll make a list of women who went to college that I know to ask like you suggested. I am on track to having a GPA at 3.5 and know I have to maintain that next semester as well. I'm not entirely sure if we are talking about the same university. Since I am new to this website I haven't added my location or anything yet. Feel free to PM me if you're wanting to ask anymore about my situation, give any advice or anything else