View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I sort of agree with Russel here. There really is nothing that is impossible. Its just a matter of finding a way to do it. (and if any sorority wanted to pay me a consulting fee I would do it for them lol).

What I seem to be reading in this thread is that the traditional approach sororities have to a "Cold Start" won't work.

Having studied the way sororities and fraternities recruit I see the same problems, if the people don't come to us we really aren't that great at getting numbers to join. In effect: we don't recruit, we Rush. Despite all cute PC name changes.

I think we have been overly focused on the problems in this thread rather than the solutions. PErhaps we just aren't motivated enough.

Imagine someone was going to shoot you in the back of the head if you failed to come up with a successful plan to colonize a new NPC group at Old Miss. Do you think you could then? Or would you still deem it impossible?

Some quick questions.

Old Miss is 50% Greek?
Has 9 NPC groups?
Has first semester freshman Rush?

With thse elements it shouldn't be near impossible to at least place a 200 member starting group just based on sophomores juniors and seniors.

So stop telling us what you can't do, tell us how you could do.