View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenidallas View Post
And most of the new freshmen are also trying on their new college selves. Reflecting on my years as a collegian as well as as an advisor, I've noticed that the "strong" personalities everyone notices (but may not mesh with) tend to be very front and center which can lead girls to believe that type is the norm. I've also noticed that there is a much larger group of women on the fring, watching those women and thinking "I'm not like that".
This x1000! As one of those crazy freshmen myself, it wore off in time. Some of us just get so excited by all the newness of college partying and act like idiots for a while.

At the same time, the sophomore class may trying to show off how much fun your chapter is, and focusing a lot on partying more than they'd like to as well. The first few weeks can be a lot of everyone trying to impress everyone else, and real friendships take longer than that.

I'd talk to your NM educator (in a big chapter, are there a few of them? Pick the one you feel most comfortable with), and see if she can connect you with other women in your chapter who you might connect with. I can just about promise you that if two or three of you get together and say "hey, we're staying in tonight to watch bad 80's movies," you'll get others who want to join you.