View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck123 View Post
Okay so I have a pretty big dilemma here. I go to a big SEC school with a pretty profound greek life. I wanted to initially join a top tier fraternity and I had a certain one in mind. I fit in with them but I didnt have enough connections(exclusive) in order for me to get bid on. The reason for that was they had their pledge class picked out already by fall. I had a few fallbacks and I have always wanted to be in a fraternity so I chose a middle tier fraternity. I have been sticking it out in this pledge semester but I have found that my pledge brothers seem to be a lot different than me and not much in common. I feel like I made a mistake but I'm not sure. I was approached by my friend and another guy I met here at the university telling me if I drop the fraternity I'm pledging they would certainly have my back and get me in the spring. The problem is that I know in SEC schools spring pledges are looked down upon and dropping my current fraternity is also a shot in the dark. I know this is hard to advise someone on but could anyone relate or have some good advice on what would be a good choice?
Whatever you decide to do, just know that unless this other chapter is made up of only your friend and the random dude you met, they can't guarantee you anything.

@~/~~~~