View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
NerdyGreek, I am truly sad that your daughter hasn't found "her people" yet in her chapter.

I attended college on a campus that did not use RFM until the possibly 2008 or so and it was not good prior to that. My grand(little)daughter in my chapter decided to be a recruitment counselor one year because all of our recruitment workshops were held at the same time as another one of her campus groups rehearsed. She called me (even though she wasn't supposed to) beside herself because two of her PMNs had gone to two preference at chapters who notoriously over invited women to preference. These chapters would only take 35 women pledge classes but yet our school allowed them to invite 350 women to reference. In both of these cases, she did not see either PNM fitting into those chapters and had a sinking feeling she would miss our Bid Night because she would be consoling those crushed PNMs. And she was right. She ended up spending most of the night consoling not only those two but two more women who did not match at pref because they were too far down on both chapters' bid lists. This was commonplace at my campus prior to RFM. After RFM, those women have chapters who really wanted them in their chapter and not just wanted them there to fill up a room to look more popular. With RFM, those two women would have been made quota additions to one of the two chapters they attended. I know you may not see a whole lot of upside with RFM right now, but I lived it and I can tell you RMF works. There is no guarantee that your daughter would have bonded with any of the other chapters better than the one she joined. Strong recruiting groups have a way of making every PNM feel special.
Well said.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.