View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Just got back from seeing The Vow. I think it was a beautiful story and not completely predictable. Slightly cheesy and Notebook-y but I liked it. I was left wanting a little bit more at the end but there was a flash of what happened to the couple the story is based on so I feel like I have closure even if the film itself didn't provide it.

Now if only someone could have done something about the loud mouth teenagers who talked through the WHOLE DAGGONE MOVIE. There were at least 15 of them, all in the row behind us. It was like a nighttime junior high field trip. Usually talking in the movies doesn't bother me but when it's over a dozen people talking to each other, I wanted to slap the mess out of all of them. The breaking point was when the one behind me answered his cell phone and put his feet up on my seat. I bucked hard in my chair to knock his feet off and gave him the eye. I would have gone to get an usher but it was right before the end of the movie and I didn't want to miss it.
Friday night, I went with my son, who had come in from UT, to see The Woman in Black. We got there just as the movie was starting so could only find two seats together up in the back row (mom and son sitting up there ).

Anyway, there was a young couple sitting next to us (empty seat between my son and the young man), and they would NOT SHUT UP! So, I got up, moved over to the empty seat, and said, "Hey, you go to XX high school, huh?".

He said, "Do I know you?" I replied, "No, but I saw your letter jacket."

And then he said, "Why are you talking to me?" I said, "Well, y'all are carrying on a conversation, so I thought I'd join."

They gave me the biggest WTH look, but didn't say another thing!

I'm going to do that from now on. I guess some crazy lady sitting right next to you is a surefire way to shut up teenage boys.