View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

40 plus years ago a young, naive transfer student showed up at a major (I think major -10 NPC groups ) Southern university as a sophomore with references in place and only one group on her mind. Rush went very well until....preference. I opened my envelope and all I saw was that said group, who I was meant to be, did not invite me back for preference. It didn't matter I had 3 other choices. I dropped out of recruitment without a hesitation. I don't even remember who was on the list. I just remember who was not. Like the the glass is half empty instead of half full.

Fast forward to 3 weeks later, a group, who I had really liked during rush, but were not known as one of the TOP groups invited me to join as I guess today would be called a COB. I pondered this. What should I do? I liked them. Could I grow to love them? It was a risk but I took it.

All I can say is today, I cannot imagine anything but being a Kappa Delta. I have served 6 years as a national officer, continue to serve in my community on the reference board and House Corporation Board and the most important thing are the friends I have made not just from my chapter but from all over the United States. What a wonderful bond of sisterhood.

I have wanted to post my recruitment story, and here it is in a nutshell.