View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Rushing at Indiana as a sophomore year transfer

I went to high school in Indiana, but decided to go out to an East Coast university after high school. Now, I am finishing my first semester of freshman year here and I want to be closer to home (also I decided I want to study business, and IU has an amazing business school for a lot less money), and who doesn't love IU? .. (I have a soft spot for it)

The problem is, I am transferring for next fall, my sophomore year. Since the college I am currently attending is a Jesuit school, we have no Greek life, and I never had that opportunity to rush! I am so excited for this opportunity at IU- Most of the girls from my high school who go to IU end up rushing and pledging and absolutely loving it. Also I have a lot of good high school friends who are now freshmen there and are going to be going through formal recruitment in January, and their excitement after 19 party and informal recruitment is contagious!), but I am worried that I will be cut quickly because I am a sophomore and though I've never heard of any of my friends/ acquaintances getting cut, I HAVE heard that Indiana's rush is competitive. Any tips? Or does anyone have any knowledge about rushing as a sophomore transfer student- particularly at IU?