View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Jon as a Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I would have more respect for Jon's decision to not allow them on tv if he did it for the good of the kids, rather than because he was having a hissy fit.

As for him not fighting custody, I assume that is because HE thinks that Kate is the better parent. It they were my kids, I wouldn't STOP fighting.
If you have watched the show since its beginning, you would have seen that it was Jon who did the primary parenting all along. He bathed the kids, fed them, cleaned up after them and took Kate's abuse for all the years the show has been on the air.

Kate was concerned only with satisfying her OC disorder by scrubbing the hell out of everything and having a fit if one of the kids dared to spill something on his or shirt. The kids rememberance of Kate will be her rear end sticking out a closet or cabinet while she scrubbed away the imaginary dirt. We rarely saw her interact with her kids. She would start an activity (piano and violin lessons, gymnastics, i.e.) and then drop it after just a few lessons. Even going to church was sporadic.

Kate behaved like someone who had been abused as a child. She had said she had a rigid upbringing..."I was overdisciplined and Jon was underdisiplined." That explains a lot about why she behaves like an abuser, isolating her husband and children from her parents, his parents, then her brother and sister-in-law who were so helpful with the kids, then her friend Beth. The kids were not allowed to bring friends home from school nor were Mady and Cara allowed to accept a phone call from a classmate. To cut off communication between the children and their grandparents and friends indicates Kate's deep-seated need to always be in control. She is not the better parent by any means.

Jon cut loose after Kate told him..."We are so over," It was as though he had been released from prison and he went wild for a while but I believe he loves his kids and will continue to be a good father. I always wished he had grown a spine and told off Kate when she berated, physically abused (she would hit him often and pretend it was a loving gesture) and emasculated him in front of the kids. Did you see the episode about Jon making a $50.00 purchase without a coupon when Kate had one hidden in a drawer? She screamed at him just horribly. He should have had her committed to a psychiatric facility right then and there.

One comedian said Kate was hoping to get her own talk show. He said the reason she wanted it so badly is that otherwise she'd have to stay home and spend time with her kids!

I'd love to see a follow-up in several years to see how Mady turns out as a teen. The other kids are really adorable except when they scream.

Paula M
Sigma Delta Tau
Patriae Multi Spes Una
One Hope of Many People