Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1 View Post
I told her to do that but am wondering in general with my question here. Ladies? Any experience on this? Extension student is a student signed up to take classes but did not go through the admit process (due to a missed deadline or whatever).
Without knowing much about extension students (I've never heard the term in my admittedly short time in higher ed), generally a student has to be matriculated full-time at a university to be a member of that chapter. I suppose it would depend on how the university defines a matriculated student, but based on your description of a student who didn't go through the admissions process I would lean towards not fully matriculated and therefore not eligible to affiliate with a chapter. Put another way, if the woman could not sign up for recruitment at this university I don't think she could affiliate with a chapter there either.

edit: Googling says that extension programs are usually for continuing education adults and not for credit, but I'm guessing that's different than what this student is doing?