View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Two Stories for the Price of One

Hey everyone! I went through recruitment last year, but never posted my story on here. I want to keep my school and my identity a secret, so I came up with code names. If you figure out the school, please don’t post it. I decided to do a Hunger Games themed thread. Make sure you read till the very end! My school had 8 sororities last year (and in no particular order):

Katniss
Peeta
Gale
Primrose
Haymitch
Effie
Cinna
Cato

Let me first off say that I have ALWAYS wanted to join a sorority ever since I was little. I never had a big sister so I wanted that sisterhood feel and I thought it was cool that everyone gets a Big. I am a lost little girl when it comes to makeup and what clothes are right to wear, so I was looking forward to having sisters to ask for advice and whatnot.

--------

The details might be a little hazy…but I’ll just try to get to the point with everything.

I go to a school where it is not competitive Greek Life. But if you’re not Greek, there is literally nothing to do on the weekends/weeknights. My school is a big commuter school; so most people go home on the weekends and it can get boring here. I did not have that luxury to just go home when I wanted to last year because I was 4 hours away from home and car-less. I remember asking one of the Pi Chis at Orientation Night, what happens if you don’t get a bid? She looked at me like I had 2 heads and said, “Everyone basically gets a bid. It is really rare not to. Most girls will drop out on their own without being cut.” That relaxed me.

Also side note, I had a GPA above a 4.0 in high school and was in a leadership role at my high school.

On Orientation Night, I met my Pi Chis and my group. Everyone was nice, but a few of the girls already knew what they wanted. I noticed the “tent talk” started early. My Pi Chis had a rule. They said that if you didn’t hear from them by 2am by phone call, then you were good and you made it to the next round.

The next days, we visited all the houses. I’ll never forget the first house that I visited was Effie. ALL of the girls at Effie were DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS. They had their makeup perfectly plastered on their face. Slender bodies and legs that could go on for miles. I had no idea what to expect going in to the house, but I was in complete awe. I talked about intramural sports and their Big/Little program here. After a while, time was up and we all left the house. After I got out, I was ready to drop out of recruitment. If all the sorority houses were like that, I would NEVER fit in.

The next house was Primrose. This house was a lot more relaxing and the tension was gone. I was able to relax and get comfortable enough to talk to the 6 other houses. I didn't feel that "click" though.

After that was Peeta. This was a tension-free house too. I remember this blonde girl that I talked to was SO nice and we talked about events at my school.

The next house we visited was Gale . This was a favorite among my group. All the girls started whispering to one another and fixing their makeup. I remember talking to the RA of the house, who was a sweet girl. Another girl I talked to was from my hometown. We talked about the mall and other things to do back home. I loved this house and felt like I fit in.

I don’t remember anything from Cinna to be honest. I had nothing bad to say about them though.

At Haymitch , the girls were just really pretty. This was another favorite among PNMs. This didn’t feel like my home though.

I walked into Cato next and I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY. I do not remember the conversations, but it was my favorite house up until that point.

The last house was Katniss. I was SO nervous in this house because of how beautifully decorated everything was. I talked to a sophomore there and she was one of the most outgoing girls there. She was extremely nice and made me feel at home. This was my new home. It had to be. I ranked my houses, then I went to sleep excited for the next day.