View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
To be clear; snap bids are offered/issued AFTER Pref parties end and BEFORE formal bids are issued. That's it. Very short time span. There's info in other threads here about snap bidding.

COB is another story and you're eligible for that as well as for informal in the spring.

Sometimes people, especially PNMs, get these confused or think they are interchangeable. Sciencewoman's post is spot-on. You don't have much time for eligibility for a snap bid.
Bids are being offered tomorrow evening. If I contacted the Greek Life Office and told them I'm having regrets about dropping, would I be likely to get one of the two houses that I ended up going to on Pref day in a snap bid? Or is it just whatever house is low on people?

The Rho Ghammas today mentioned that COB isn't really that big here... as in the chances of getting a bid isn't that high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
Formal rush is not for everyone. For all that the groups talk about leadership, there can be no leaders and no organizations without followers. Not all women shine in the goat rope that is formal rush. I know I would not have chosen Greek life if I had to go through that process.

However, there will not be a huge number of opportunities after formal -- particularly if there were two groups on campus who *did* want you. You may get second chances; it's hard to tell.

DO let the Greek Life office know you are still interested.
DO let friends in sororities know you are interested.
How was your experience rushing? Did you do informal or COB, if you don't mind me asking?

And I actually reached out to the president at the one house today that I enjoyed more than the other (but still didn't really envision myself there) and thanked her for how kind she was to me this weekend and how I was very honored that they called me back. I explained how I just don't know if this is the right time for me to be in Greek Life (especially as I do actually have a medical condition I'm currently in recovery from, which also plays into my decision), as I didn't want to just drop without thanking them.

I'm just so unsure of what the best thing to do by this point would be. I really don't know if the two houses I had seen today would be good places for me, but is deciding to rush later because of that reasonable? I know they say "trust the process," but I just really wasn't feeling the sense of "being at home" today that a lot of the girls I talked to over the weekend described when they talked about their sororities.