View Single Post
Old 10-09-2001, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Learn to Read

33girl, you might want to reread what I wrote and what you quoted. I said that "New member exams are not just hazing, they are also a waste of time!" I did not say that learning about my fraternity was a waste of time.

I am sorry that many of you don't see how new member exams make some women feel uncomfortable, especially based on the fact that they seperate out the new members from the active members, cause some new members to be singled out as inadequate or stupid, and generally add unnecessary stress to the new member period. Many strong GLOs have implemented very successful new member programs that do not include examinations yet turn out women who are very loyal to and knowledgeable about their GLO.

College women today need to be treated with respect. They attend new member meetings, learn and participate, and in MY OPINION, making them study for exams when they could be studying for classes or participating in their communities is just an indicator of your lack of respect for their time.

I find it very sad that none of you can understand where I am coming from on this subject. The success of the Greek System in the twenty-first century depends upon all of us thinking outside the box a little bit. With closed minds the system as a whole is not going to get very far.