View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I know this thread hasn't been commented on for a few days, but I was feeling nostalgic after reading some recruitment stories and reread some of my recruitment thread, and I thought about OP and the OP in the other now locked thread and it just made me a little mad.

Here's the thing: Before you call the women on this board mean, immature, hateful, snobbish, whatever, do a little lurking. Actually read more threads than just the ones that give you an outlet for your snarkiness. The majority have been supportive, encouraging and everything else you can think of. They love their organizations and represent them well. They have been extremely kind and patient, and have seen enough disappointed women have sunshine blown up their rears to try and set realistic expectations for others. Don't like the way their orgs operate? Than just thank the Lord it's not your org and get off the site that is intended for their benefit, not yours.

There is a long list of women on this site that have given a lot of wisdom to PNM's and women that look to affiliate as alumnae. And many times they've received less than appropriate responses from women who are just really sad that they never got to go to a mixer in college.

Anyway, feel free to chalk up my irritation to hormones or whatever, just get off the high horse you showed up on and get to know people before you piss them off.