View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
Last winter, I was sorting donations a women's shelter would use for domestic violence victims, and the rest went to their thrift store. Someone donated letters (Delta Zeta). I don't think any of them made it into circulation (poor condition, dates on event t-shirts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
I remember we had an advisor tell use to remove the stitched letters before donating. You never know where they might wind up. LOL
How does an advisor recommend greek letter removal from glassware one donates to thrifts? Just for fun (after holiday shopping was over) I looked around in a few thrifts and noticed donated, for resale, greek letter glassware from at least seven different orgs.

And as for finding "greek letters" where one would not expect them: my teenage nephew asked for crazy fun socks for Xmas and received a medium blue pair covered with multiple yellow triangles, which brought Delta Delta Delta to mind (even thought they use gold, not yellow). I told him to save them for a future college girlfriend, just incase, but the school he's thinking of attending doesn't currently have a 3D chapter.