View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Good for Theta and Pi Phi? No, not really. They could "flag" a guy for no other reason than that the guy expressed interest and they didn't reciprocate.

If you don't like a lot of members of a fraternity, you just don't mix with the fraternity. You don't single people out for random reasons and expect their brothers to dump them just because you say so. Can you imagine if men did this to women?

Also - "events hosted by the sororities"? That sounds like sororities are holding parties in their houses which is obviously against policies. If they're talking about date parties or formals, a better idea would be to talk to a sister about her questionable taste rather than create a blacklist.
While there are obvious problems with making this a published list, I disagree with some of these points.

I'll take my chapter, for example. There's a brother of a fraternity with which we're very close (one of their brothers is our sweetheart), but one of the brothers makes sisters very uncomfortable, to the point of tears. Not because of sexual misconduct or "unreciprocated interest," but because of comments he makes about members of the LGBT+ and disability communities. Obviously this is an isolated situation, but I can see this being a reason for such acknowledgement within a chapter.

As for "events hosted by sororities," I read that as things like formals, date parties, etc. Probably not philanthropies, but similar registered events where sisters are in charge of who attends.