Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnm092802 View Post
My GPA wasn't low. It was above a 3.75 at my transfer college and above a 4.0 in high school. Why should my cancer put me at a disadvantage? Doesn't it show perseverance that I've transferred and am trying recruitment? It's not my fault that I got cancer! Also I wasn't offered a spot. I could have been dropped after preference night and I really didn't want to experience being completely cut from more than ten houses.
You were invited to pref which means you were guaranteed a bid if you attended their party and put them on your bid card. By withdrawing, you turned them down. That's the reality of the situation. And I know that you had nothing to do with contracting cancer but the chapters are looking for women who will be there long term. You're a junior transfer and are ill. That automatically puts you at a disadvantage. I'm not saying any of this is right or wrong - just that it is reality. And pardon the GPA remark but the way you explain it here is not the way you stated it before. You went in with a lot of deficits. You declined your option. It doesn't bode well for you in COB. I'm just trying to be realistic - not mean. But you won't ever know if you don't try. If you can get strong personal recs for the chapters that are doing COB, that's your best bet. And be prepared - as I said before - to accept whatever you are offered. If not, don't sign up.