View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Panhellenic has to be open for expansion then CHOOSE KKG for them to come on campus at Murray. There may be no need for a new group at this time, and even if they did come on campus, they may not choose to pledge your friend. That is NOT how NPC expansion works. The FIRST step is to see is there is a need for a new group, ie rapidly increasing quota or chapter total of the groups on campus, increasing interest in Greek life. This needs to be brought before Panhellenic who would then have to VOTE to open the campus to allow another group to colonize. All NPC sororities have agreed to abide by these rules, so there is no way around it.
What AOII Angel said, except I would like to add to the process that once Panhellenic decides that they are open for expansion, Kappa (or any other NPC group) has to choose to present to colonize. Then panhellenic chooses by vote which group of the ones presenting will colonize.

OP, There's a lot that goes into the decision of whether or not a sorority chooses to expand. It's not just "hey, here are these women who want to be XYZ, let's start a colony." Kappa (and I'm sure other NPC groups as well) have a strategy for growth. If your school IS open for expansion, then it will have to fit into an organization's expansion strategy in order for the group to even have a shot.