View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I'm trying to figure out how a PNM would broach that with a sorority: "So, you like me? Then take my 4 buddies." I would love to know how that plays out.
Carnation, I am willing to bet that you know exactly what those conversations sounded like . Doesn't take much imagination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
That said, there was a girl who rushed at one of my schools and she was truly the "prize plum" of that year. This being a bed rush, the pledge class sizes were very limited and to the shock of many, a relative of the girl (who normally wouldn't have gotten a bid anywhere, it was felt) ended up in the selective pledge class that Prize Plum was in. I wonder if Relative always felt that on campus:"You're only an Alpha Beta because they had to take you to get Plum."
Oh yeah, seen that one. And heard the cruel remarks as well, behind Relative's back.

Points to what we say ad nauseum on this site to every PNM who posts here: "find the place where YOU will be happy/find your home, not someone else's" or a variation on that theme.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity