View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
Anyone here have experience with getting a Masters online?
I keep waiting around for a good time to go back to school and I'm becoming convinced that'll never happen so I'm looking into Distance Learning.
One of my jobs is midnights where I have a lot of free time so I could get some done there, plus I won't have to drive an hour each way to the nearest school that has my program.

What I'm wondering is:
Do employers take online degrees seriously or are the seen as "less than" other degrees?
FWIW the only schools I'm looking into are ACTUAL accredited nonprofit 4 year universities in my state.
Only if it's a real university will people respect it. For instance, Penn State World Campus is a respectable online school and very military-friendly. If the online school is a REAL school and not like University of Phoenix, Capella, Walden, or any other for-profit diploma-mill university, you should be fine. Lots of reputable schools have online programs. Cincy, Syracuse, Penn State, University of South Carolina, Oregon State, University of Southern California, Boston, etc. are just a few examples of reputable schools with an online presence.