View Single Post
Old 06-23-2001, 05:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pirate:
I have a few questions about rush. First of all, I will be a sophomore this year when I rush. Will that severly hurt me. I tried to rush a sorority last spring but was falsely led to believe i was getting a bid but did not(This is informal so you only rush one house). I was crushed but ever since then I have longed to be in a sorority although I no longer know if they are the right house for me(I couldn't treat other girls like that). Even some of my friends in other sororities can't believe the way I was treated. I wanted to do formal fall rush but I am on a full merit scholarship and so my parents wanted me to wait and adjust to college life first. They both support my decision to rush especially my dad( a fraternity member himself). However, after a full year of college and a cumulative 4.0 I am ready if they will only accept me. Also, we only have one brief form to fill out and there is no mention of recs. I live in a small town and don't know anyone who can give me a rec. Will I be cut because of this? Finally, there is no suggestion of how to dress for rush for any of the 5 days. I would appreciate any advice you could offer me.
I know what you are going through. I went through an informal rush, and was led to believe I was going ot get a bid, but out of 60 girls who rushed, and 16 preffed, I was one of those, only 5 got bids, I was very hurt...I came back for Formal Rush the following year, and realized that that house wasn't the house for me, and joined Theta. I couldn't have made a better choice. It's never too late too rush, if a house wants you, they want you for who YOU are, and if they want the young girls only because they can pay longer, you don't want to be a part of their house.

As for clothing, I would wear skirts with twin sets, or simple dresses. It's always better to look classic and stylish.

Good Luck!
If you have any questions, please e-mail me: nbui@calpoly.edu I know what you are going through! =)