View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I know there were some old threads where Rudey discussed AEPi’s Jewishness vs that of Sammy and ZBT.

Alpha Delta Chi is a national Christian sorority (non NPC) that very explicitly states, among other things, that their members must be Christian and attend church regularly. If being in the NIC is keeping AEPi from doing something like this, why don’t they just cease being part of it? It seems like they’re doing their members and especially rushees a disservice by pussyfooting about the issue and saying “we’re for everyone, except when we’re not.”

Great points.

I did look through the NIC membership list and there do appear to be other NIC member GLOs which have some kind of religious membership "requirements" or very close to it. Here are two that I know of:

Beta Sigma Psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Sigma Psi
Article III – Membership
Section A: Eligibility
The following groups are eligible for membership in Beta Sigma Psi:
1. All communicant Lutheran male students enrolled in the University of Kansas who are not members of any secret society with religious intent shall be eligible for membership in this fraternity.
2. Any Lutheran male student enrolled in the University of Kansas shall be eligible for membership with a three-fourths vote of Active Members, with a quorum being present.
3. Any male student enrolled in the University of Kansas, who has expressed explicit interest in developing their relationship with God through the Lutheran faith, shall be eligible for membership with a three-fourths vote of Active Members, with a quorum being present.

Beta Upsilon Chi https://betaupsilonchi.org/about/what-we-do/

I believe that BYX requires members to profess the Christian faith in order to obtain membership.

True and Constant

Last edited by navane; 06-18-2018 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Fixed an error