View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
1. Super glad you got a bid but I find that the low grade girls get cut heavy. You had an unsuccessful first recruitment, yes? Were you cut heavy both times or did you have a full schedule every day both times?

2. Is it all they're looking for? No - but balance is everything.

3. Yes. You can graduate with a 2.5 at some schools. But that is pretty bare minimum and it's not incredibly helpful unless you're well connected in the area.

Agreed, low grade girls get cut heavy. I'm mostly just disputing the mediocre part of the thread title, because a girl can most definitely, and most likely will, get in a sorority with mediocre grades. no one is getting released entirely from recruitment because of a 3.2. (which was clarified in the body paragraph, I just feel like having that in the title is misleading).

I would consider my grades at the time bad, so yeah my story is probably the exception. I was released entirely from my first recruitment. The second time around I did spring recruitment (which I recommend to anyone with a lower GPA, since they don't have to make as many heavy cuts in the beginning and they get to know your personality more), and not all sororities do spring recruitment on my campus. Only 4 of the 12 participated this year, I believe. So, were my options severely limited because of my grades, both times? Yes!!! But I got into the #1 house that I had been hoping for since the first time around and I couldn't be happier. I feel even more grateful knowing that even though i wasn't the ideal PNM on paper, they still saw something in me that made them want to have me as a sister.

All this to say, girls with mediocre grades have little to worry about unless they are trying to be in the house with the top GPA on campus, and girls with lower grades have something to worry about, but they should still try anyway. It always improves a girl's chances to have a 4.0 on top of their looks, personality, etc. but if they don't have time to improve their GPA you just have to go in with the best you've got.