View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Sorry for the thread crash, but FR has hit the nail on the head. I believe that the bad press from the IDS about open house and the bad PR from the PHA Sorority Blog about dismal placement rates prompted this change. I am not sure that the changes are meant to be indicative of any real change, but are merely band aid to fix the PR issues. I am sure FR can add some insight here, too.
Exactly. This is why the changes frustrate me. They aren't meaningful- just PR.

They didn't move 21 party because the sororities wanted it or because it would improve the process, they moved it because of a newspaper article. Now 8 party and Preference are the weekend after school starts. I'm sure people won't like that either.

The fact is as long as IU has bed rush, recruitment rates are going to be tight. It is a competitive recruitment school. Most people in the midwest aren't used to sorority recruitment that is this competitive. We aren't raised with the same recruitment mentality as Ole Miss or Bama or Georgia. So when parents and snowflakes encounter it, they get freaked out. So IU ends up with a bad recruitment reputation that I don't think is completely deserved.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God