View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Thoughts/Views On Sorority Recruitment Processes

Is it possible for the first two rounds to be one where, like normal, all the girls are required to attend every house for like 25 mins. Just to see all the options and giving every house a chance to show what they can do. Then the next rounds the girl can go back to where THEY want to go, still letting the houses select from these girls. Also make it less formal. Still have the cheering and skits but make it more relaxed. I know that at U of Mich in talking to many friends from other houses we all felt that recruitment was a shallow show. And that no house truely presents themselves because you're so worried about putting on the perfect show.

Please express any suggestions, flaws, add-ons, opinions, views and thoughts. Who knows maybe we can come up with something

Remember the previous was about experiences at my school
ETA: Excuse for the scattered thoughts at 2 am but I didnt want to forget to write this [/B][/QUOTE]

This is the kind of idea I had in mind! I know when we speak about this topic, we are all coming from different places (big rushes are very diffreent from smaller ones). My school has a big rush, and I just comment based on what I see happening at my school...that said, I think the idea UMGirl suggested could be flexible enough to work in many different systems.