View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Even this is no longer true at every chapter and every school now.
Really? It's still AEPhi's policy, unless something has changed that I don't know about. (Note that I went to a school where recruitment was not super-competitive. In my entire time as an active, I never even saw a rec. A legacy would pretty much have had to torch the rush room to get cut after open houses.) Is this a side effect of the current release figures method, or is it because there are so many more legacies attending college now than there were 20 or 30 or 40 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I didn't think anybody but NPHC parents said they wouldn't pay for any other organization
You'd be surprised

One of my fellow chapter founders has an aunt who is an AEPhi. She didn't quite go so far as to refuse to pay her daughters' dues if they joined sororities other than AEPhi, but she would not permit them to apply to any college that didn't have an AEPhi chapter - which meant they were forbidden to apply to a lot of excellent schools. For all her efforts, none of her daughters actually went AEPhi.