View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 05:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I wonder if the KKG HQ has considered the fallout (if there would be any) from the exclusion of their forum and their members posting. Many young women have no idea WHAT a KKG, AXO, DG etc. is. GC could be the first introduction to their org. Now this is the double edged sword-if they, newbies, come across a post that is "offensive", are they likely to be turned off to the entire group? Doubtful, because we ALL know how difficult it can be to keep those darn Greek letters straight. It could take weeks or months for a young person to assimilate all the posters into their respective GLOs. Those that ARE savvy to the Greek system wouldn't be influenced one way or another by an errant post! HOWEVER, if an entire group loses their visibility
I could see a newbie thinking, "I've never heard of them." or "Gee, aren't there ANY KKG around?" In the mind of a teenage girl, this lack of visibility could be construed as weakness.

When I first started frequenting GC I honestly thought "Damn, sure are a TON of XOs!!! Must be a pretty strong group!"
I think the greater harm to KKG would be their absence as opposed to a couple of individual posts amongst THOUSANDS!