View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Recruitment blog idea!

I’ve thought long and hard about this and I’d just like some feedback! It would be a hobby for me and I plan on doing this for pleasure in my leisure time if I do this as I just want to try something new and put my new skills to use doing some good

I love sorority recruitment with all of my heart, it‘s my favorite time during the year, I love watching recruitment videos, I was recruitment chair and now I’m slated to join the Panhellenic exec board as VP of Recruitment for 2019-2020. Recruitment was my favorite memory of freshman year and I’ve met my forever sisters through DG.

I want to make a blog about sorority recruitment for PNMs and future PNMs but I want to make it all inclusive. I didn’t need recruitment to be all inclusive, I’m white, thin, and blonde, there were thousands of makeup tutorials, rush videos, and blog posts that fit my demographic but none that really fit everyone’s demographic.

My younger sister is going through winter recruitment and she has a stoma. She can’t wear tight fitting clothes because then the bag shows and she has to have the ability to empty the bag of waste. We couldn’t find a single blog or video about sorority recruitment if you have a stoma or any type of medical device on your body.

My cousin has cystic fibrosis and can’t wear restrictive clothing and. she needed to have her oxygen. She also went through rush. How do you make your oxygen tank look fashionable and chic so it matches your outfit and you confident in yourself?

So here’s what I want to do. I’d find and list outfits for different body types (underweight, tall, plus size, “regular”, etc), examples of makeup for different skin tones (White, Asian, Black, Middle Eastern, Latin/Hispanic, Native, etc.), shoes (size 5 to size 15), outfits for different types of disabilities and outfits able to accommodate medical devices, and modest outfits for different types of religions.

I’m a fiend for jewelry and so I’d make a section for jewelry with cheaper options and then options made with hypoallergenic materials. I also love purses and so I’d make a section for cute accessories that can be used time and time again. And I’d find cute clear bags in case that’s what universities are requiring again.

I’d want to make compare and save posts. I’d find high end products and find cute and much cheaper options. I’d also list stores that have cute clothes and good prices, appropriate things to wear for rush, trendy options to fit the times, cute items that can be used from closets, and clothes that can be made, I’d also list choices of clothes to wear for every round.

I would list makeup products and sanitary/hygienic products that are tried and true. I use a lot of makeup and hair products and my freshman year roommate had chemo and I’d always style her wigs, so I’d list hair free and short hair options, options for natural hair, long hair options, religious garment options, sensitive skin products, products to cover large birthmarks, products for acne prone skin, products to cover scars, generally good makeup products, etc.

I would also find tutorials for different skin tones, different styles of makeup, applying makeup with various disabilities, applying makeup to cover blemishes and scars, makeup dos and don’ts, and examples of makeup that’s versatile and looks good on everyone.

I’d add in a section for transgender PNMs and list the sororities that currently have statements of acceptance written into their bylaws and how to style hair, makeup, and stylish outfits that will fit properly if you’re transgender.

I’d make lists of the things that PNMs can do to prepare for rush, a comprehensive list of all 26 NPC sororities and details, a list of how to secure recommendation letters and what should be in a recommendation request packet, basic details about grades and how to maintain a high GPA in university.

I’d talk about continuous open bidding, deferred recruitment, sorority’s values, being dropped from a sorority, being released from recruitment, big and little, financial planning, all of the different chapters for every sorority, new chapter openings and closings, just those sort of basic everyday things.

I’m still brainstorming ideas and making lists, it’s the new year and I want to begin making recruitment accessible and easy to get through for everyone. It may be dumb but I’ll have a plethora of time on my hands and I want to actually fulfill my New Years Resolutions this year.

Anyway! Thank you for listening to my first idea of 2019!