View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Operating on the assumption that this is Cleveland State, because I had the same thought as the above commenters when I read the description of the school, I've got some unorganized tidbits I think could be useful.

-I think promoting the idea of fraternities and sororities as a way to find a sense of "place" on campus, especially a commuter campus where students don't all live together, would be a good way to promote the orgs. If they have a designated floor space or an office in the student union where every member can go hang out between classes, sell that.

-The CSU FSL website doesn't have links to the chapters' social media or websites directly. I think it would be equally helpful, if not more so, to link to those than the national organizations' websites. I like the Panhellenic website and if there's any sort of equivalent for IFC or NPHC it would be helpful to put those there too.

-Specifically with IFC, there's no link on the FSL website that I can find that tells you how to sign up for fraternity recruitment, nor is there any contact information for executive board. That should be front and center on the recruitment page so interested men have someone to reach out to.

-Emphasizing actual time commitment: yes, there are some events in Greek life that are mandatory without a very good reason, but I think commuter students can be wary of joining something they think will take up all their free time or have them going to and from campus multiple times a day. If information is presented that explains what new members and current members are involved in both inside and outside their chapters, that will help give prospective students an accurate sense of whether they could see themselves joining.