View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry that recruitment didn't go well for you I just rushed this fall at UNC, and I know of several other girls who also dropped out of recruitment before Prefs.

I'm by no means an expert on recruitment (formal or informal), but I'd suggest contacting the Office of Greek Affairs on campus. They were really helpful to me with any questions I had over the summer, so they should be able to give you all the info you need Just a word of caution though, I noticed you said that you dropped out because you didn't get your favorite houses, while I can't speak for other sororities, I know that my house isn't eligible for informal recruitment because we are over total. I would suspect that this is the case for some of the other houses also. Especially if lots of other PNMs had them as favorite houses.

I've also been told that Phi Mu is recolonizing and they are going to be recruiting members either this spring or next fall, you might want to ask about that too. Then you'll have several options. And then there's always rushing again next year. Good luck! Let us know how it goes