View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelacious

I think one of the main differences between the two rushes are that we don't usually bring in first semester freshman, so we've usually had at least one year to observe an applicant, and to possibly notify them of potential behavior that may prohibit them from receiving an invite. Even this is not obligatory though--some chapters may help out an aspirant they really like to "smooth the edges", while others may never say a word to the aspirant and simply never extend an invitation to the person. Some aspirants may get rejected the first year, work on their issues with assistance from the chapter, reapply and be accepted, and others will never reapply or never be accepted no matter how many times they apply.

true, this is something that NPHC groups really don't have to worry about. by the time that person had decided to intake, people in the organization already know who that person is, and what that person is about. working on their issues is also a way of trying to help them be a better person. you can't just sit there, let them continue to be at fault. if i'm not going to say anything, someone is, and chances are, that someone isn't going to say it as politely as i am. might as well try and solve the problem now instead of letting it get worse. being blunt is just a way to say things, some people might have other ways. but shelacious is right, that depends on chapter to chapter.