Thread: Advice Needed!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 04:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Advice Needed!

Hi everyone! I am currently a freshman who goes to a school where greek life is pretty big. Formal recruitment occurs in the fall, and in the spring sororities do COB. I decided to not do formal recruitment in the fall, but hoped to join a sorority in the spring. My specific school has 6 chapters, and 5 of them are participating in COB events this semester. I have attended COB events for 3 different sororities and thought that everything went pretty well! I felt as if I had made connections with the sisters and had genuine conversations. However, since these COB events, I have not been contacted by any of the three sororities, so I am assuming I did not receive a bid. I am especially confused since the social media accounts of these sororities says that they are still recruiting, but none of them have contacted me or sent me any updates since I have attended their COB events. I’m feeling very discouraged, confused and sad, and I am wondering why I didn’t get a bid from any chapter, and what I could have done differently. There is one more COB event next week for all the chapters, and I was wondering if I should attend that event, or just wait to participate in formal recruitment in the fall as a sophomore. I’m worried about rushing in the fall through formal recruitment, since I didn’t even get a bid from informal recruitment, which is supposed to be easier. In addition, should I email the sororities asking for a a follow up or update? Or does them not contacting me mean I did not receive a bid? Any advice is appreciated!!