View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
I think a lot of it is that first, recruitment counselors are young and they don't know what to say, possibly thinking that they themselves never would've been in that situation. Yet I've seen new members queening it around campus in their new and prominent letters, never knowing that several of us in PH know that they were one space on the bid list away from not getting in.

Also, I think they get very spotty training on how to deal with rush problems. When I rushed, another PNM asked the RC what happened if a girl didn't get the maximum number of invites for that day. She sat there speechless and told it it wouldn't happen. Of course it did the next day and a couple of girls got no invites to the next parties.

Sometimes I think it hasn't gotten any better. Many girls who are RCs have told me that they weren't doing it to help PNMs, that they just wanted to get out of rushing. Most of the PNMs I know who got few or no invites heard nothing from their RCs and were just left to their own devices. This includes some who had paid for meals during rush and were too torn up to even go to meals with the successful PNMs so they just sat in their dorm rooms and ate snacks out of machines and cried for days. Several of them ended up becoming confirmed Greek haters.
And become goths or girls that do something drastic that will definetly kill their self esteem like changing their image to a Britney Spears wannabe.

Now, PNMs would feel sadness and then rage and then jealousy after being rejected. And if her roommate got a bid, the PNM wouldn't want to talk to her and/or move to another room with a non-Greek person.

NOTE TO PNMS: Just because you got cut, doesn't mean you have to change. Your self esteem and your chances of getting a bid will be damaged more if you change your image drastically into something your not.

Last edited by Rollergirl2001; 08-22-2005 at 12:20 AM.