View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jennie3576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
I don't my wear letters when it comes to t-shirts - I just don't feel "professional" since I moved past that stage of my life, no offense to those do wear theirs. Polos, maybe, but in the end leaning to "no." The closest I'll get to actually wearing my letters if were on a hoodie or sweatshirt, but I'd only wear it for lounging.

I do hold my pledge & member pin with great dearness and would like them to become heirloom pieces for my future children. In saying that, I was thinking buying my fraternity's flag. I graduated five years ago, but the nostalgia has hit me as I reflect on my college years, and I would like to hang it somewhere in my studio if I ever choose to do so.
Midwest, I do not take offense to your comment, but I am saddened by it! I was initiated into my sorority almost 21 years ago, and I still wear letters/regalia! For me, Alpha Sigma Tau was not a stage in my life; she is a huge part of my life. I've made sure that I continued with AST as an alumna - it truly IS for life if you want it to be. I am lucky to serve as a chapter advisor, and I am also involved (currently vp) of an alumnae Panhellenic association. These two activities alone give me reason to wear my letters/regalia at events. But I don't exclusively wear them in the circumstances. I wear them because I am proud. Plus there are anchors & yellow roses around my house as daily reminders