View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSUGURL View Post
I've been invited to an event to get to know some alumnae of an NPC sorority in my state. I've exchanged a few emails, texts and had a long, very pleasant conversation with one of the women that will be there, (she is the one who introduced me to the woman that sent me the invite.)
Here's where I need advice:
I don't have their addresses, and I feel that in this day and age asking someone you don't know our don't know well for an address is creepy and somewhat inappropriate. I would like to take a small thank you gift or card for both women to show my appreciation for the invite. Good idea or would it come across as trying too hard? I really want to do more than send an email after the fact.
I don't think there is anything wrong with requesting their addresses to send simple thank you notes to these women after the event. Anymore than that would be trying too hard. If you feel odd about asking for the addresses, simply tell them that you wish to send them thank you notes. It's not that difficult and doesn't have to be awkward.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!