View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

not so much the wedding as the honeymoon. And perhaps that should have been the sign of things to come...

1st night - I didn't stress until after the wedding was over. The whole day hit me hard as we checked into the hotel room, so my ex suggested I take a bath to relax me. Room service knocked on the door while I was getting dressed in the bathroom afterwards; startled me so much I dropped my nightgown in the toilet.

2nd morning - Coke machine dumped its contents - we had free soft drinks the rest of the trip. [this was actually a good thing]

2nd afternoon - stopped in a hospital because my ear was hurting. Being a good girl scout all I could think of was Juliet Gordon Low going deaf after her wedding because rice was lodged in her ear. First thing with my married name was a hospital bracelet [although the staff at the hospital was amused when we walked up and said, "We just got married yesterday, and we think we might have a problem"].

Sometime mid week my ex left the lights on after we had been driving in the rain. Battery died.

We went swimming in the Atlantic Ocean one morning. My ex forgot to take the condo key out of his pocket and lost it. We had to ride bikes 4 miles and back to get a replacement key.

End of the week we went to Savannah. Checked into a hotel, opened the door, and they had given us a room that was already occupied. Family was inside watching tv.

Next morning, the streets of Savannah flooded. We decided it was time to go home.

Yep, should have read the signs....