View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Everything Titchou said times a million.

Seriously, friends. Seriously. Recruitment is very very expensive to "put on". Oh my stars, I was astonished at how complex and complicated it is. For the CPC officers and Greek Life staff, it's more like an ultramarathon. They prepare for months. As soon as this recruitment ends they start getting ready for 2018.

I could go on and on with a list of expenses incurred by the CPC. Let me know if you want me to provide a list if you can't come up with one on your own. My admiration and respect to the huge schools who manage to pull this off every year with minor or minimal glitches. It's enough to make me want to curl up with a pitcher of daiquiris or margaritas. Screw the popcorn and coke!

/end of rant (brought on by memory of an 18 year old new member snottily saying to me in front of the entire chapter of 250+ women "so all our dues pay for are food?" Oh man when I was finished with her, informing her just WHAT her dues paid for, the room temperature dropped to below zero).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity