View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
So, I had previously assumed that UC quota was determined like regular quota: number of UC PNM's signing bid cards/number of chapters. I found out this year that is far from true. So, not only does a chapter not have to use its UC quota, but even if every chapter does, there are very often fewer spots than UC PNM's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
As far as I know, upperclassman quota is mentioned nowhere in the MOI. Therefore, campuses are free to set it as they wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeartOneWay View Post
This is my understanding as well (although I am certainly open to being proven wrong, as I've never actually looked for it myself!). I do know of at least one school that arbitrarily (for lack of a better word) selects upperclassmen quota- it has no bearing on the number of UC PNMs, as it is voted on with the recruitment rules the semester prior to FR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
This is the only reference to upperclass quota I find in the current edition of the MOI in the section on Membership:

"If a campus utilizes an upperclass quota during formal recruitment, they may pledge up to quota with candidates from this classification only."