Thread: AXiD Random
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I have this awesome AXiD track jacket, it’s got our crest on the back and a little heart sunshine on the back of the collar and our letters (and my chapter’s letters) on the front. I don’t really wear it to work much because it doesn’t have a hood and it’s kind of impractical for waiting around in the rain for all the kids to get picked up, but since it was chilly but not rainy yesterday, I decided to wear it.

We had a special guest from a local program come do a fun activity with the kids, something I was very excited about. As I was leading the kids outside to the space where we were doing this activity, I was walking backwards so I could keep an eye on my kids in line. When we got to our activity area, our special guest came up to me and said:

"I recognized the crest on the back of your jacket, I’ve never met another sister just out and about, I’m an Alpha Xi too!"

I was FLOORED! We did the handshake, she told me she was from University of Southern Maine, we hugged and got really excited about meeting each other, and then turned our attention back to the kids. After doing a little bit of digging, I’ve learned that she was a founding member of the chapter at USM! Such a small world!

It truly made my week meeting her. Even though I’m not an active alumna, it’s still lovely to meet another sister, especially one from so far away!