View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

How come you didn't do formal recruitment this winter? You only did COB with one chapter after recruitment was over?

If the overall GPA requirement is 2.5, and you are below that as a junior, I regret to say that you will have a very tough hill to climb.

I suggest that you get yourself to the academic advising center ASAP to discuss your transcript with one of the staff members. You may have previous incompletes or poor grades on your record that can be severely impacting your GPA. You should ask to see if you can have your poor semesters retroactively withdrawn due to whatever medical circumstances caused you to leave school for a time. If it's just a couple of classes, see if you qualify for any course forgiveness/grade replacement policies.

I wouldn't bother e-mailing the sorority's recruitment chair. She can't do anything until your GPA becomes eligible. So as my dad would say, "Cross that bridge when you get to it".

Aside from that, remember, you are attending a school with a competitive, SEC recruitment. You first enrolled in 2012 or so. You are about 23/24 years old, yes? You didn't have recs the first time in 2012, correct? You have got to bring your A-game if you try again.

I don't say these things to make you feel awkward. I simply want you to take a more holistic look at where you are in the grand scheme of things. Best wishes for a successful semester (and please go to the academic advising center!!!)

True and Constant